Choosing between an Internet-based or private telecommunications network solution for your voice, video and data traffic can be complex, but if you need security and advanced service management features, then an MPLS/IP VPN is the better choice. The Level 3® MPLS/IP VPN service is designed to deliver a secure, private any-to-any service over a dedicated Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) network. And our innovative, dedicated MPLS backbone gives you the ability to converge and prioritize traffic, so critical applications like voice and video are not compromised by less time-sensitive applications such as email.
You can access this high-performance service over Ethernet or traditional TDM connections. The MPLS/IP VPN service is a cost-effective alternative to legacy technologies, providing high levels of privacy, security, reliability and performance, while leveraging the scalability of a global infrastructure.
MPLS/IP VPN Service Benefits
- Inherently secure networking environment over a dedicated MPLS core backbone
- Grow and expand your business by leveraging our international reach and extensive U.S. metro
- Improve application performance by prioritizing network traffic and allocating bandwidth according to usage and service requirements
- Connect to cloud applications with increased reliability and security
- Bandwidth on demand to ensure you have the speed your applications and users need for efficiency and productivity
- Use existing hardware, applications and technologies; integration can be seamless and worry-free
MPLS/IP VPN Service Details
- Global MPLS/IP VPN service coverage reaches 60 countries in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia and more than 500 global markets.
- Six class of service (CoS) levels can be dynamically combined and leveraged across services to prioritize network traffic and manage bandwidth to best meet your requirements.
- A usage-based billing component supports bandwidth on demand to accommodate peaks in usage.
- Granular speeds and access options to support a wide range of interfaces, from T-1 through Gigabit Ethernet, including MLPPP to right-size your network.
- Multicasting allows you to better manage your bandwidth resulting in a greatly reduced load on the sending location.
- Manage application performance with end-to-end network metrics visible through the uCommandSM customer portal.
- Service features standard end-to-end SLAs with the ability to view, measure and validate metrics including: frame delivery, delay, and delay variation.
- Available Managed Services enhance IT staff skills and improve overall cost of ownership.
- The MPLS/IP VPN service runs both IPv6 and legacy IPv4 over our network, so you can mix protocols on the same port and within the same VPN.
- Hybrid Layer 3 IP VPN and Layer 2 Ethernet interworking provides MPLS/IP VPN services to interconnect smaller sites requiring low-speed access such as T-1/E-1 or DSL, and high-speed services for very large locations like data centers.
Have questions? Need more details?
Tell us your needs and get fast answers.