Choosing between an Internet-based or private telecommunications network solution for your voice, video and data traffic can be complex, but if you need security and advanced service management features, then an MPLS/IP VPN is the better choice. The Level 3® MPLS/IP VPN service is designed to deliver a secure, private any-to-any service over our global Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) network. And our innovative, MPLS/IP VPN service gives you the ability to converge and prioritize traffic, so critical applications like voice and video are not compromised by less time-sensitive applications such as email.
You can access this high-performance service over Ethernet or traditional TDM connections. The MPLS/IP VPN service is a cost-effective alternative to legacy technologies, providing high levels of privacy, security, reliability and performance, while leveraging the scalability of a global infrastructure.
MPLS/IP VPN Service Benefits
- Inherently secure networking environment over a global MPLS core backbone.
- Grow and expand your business by leveraging our global reach and extensive U.S. metro.
- Improve application performance by prioritizing network traffic and allocating bandwidth according to usage and service requirements.
- Connect to cloud applications with increased reliability and security
- Flexible bandwidth with pay-as-you-go billing options are available without minimum requirements or limitations on burstable traffic to ensure you have the speed your applications and users need.
- Use existing hardware, applications and technologies; integration can be seamless and worry-free.
MPLS/IP VPN Service Details
- MPLS/IP VPN global service reach extends to more than 500 markets in more than 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities.
- Six class of service (CoS) levels available across services to prioritize network traffic and manage bandwidth to meet your requirements.
- A usage-based billing component supports bandwidth on demand to accommodate peaks in usage.
- Granular speeds and access options to support a wide range of interfaces, from T-1 through Gigabit Ethernet, including MLPPP to right-size your network.
- Multicasting allows efficient use of your bandwidth resulting in a greatly reduced load on the sending location.
- The MPLS/IP VPN service runs both IPv6 and legacy IPv4 over our network, so you can mix protocols on the same port and within the same VPN.
- Converged services (e.g.VoIP, Video, Internet, VPLS, EVPL and Collaboration services) across a single VPN port and access circuit to provide cost savings and ease of support for hybrid Layer 3 IP MPLS/VPN and Layer 2 Ethernet network configurations.
- Manage your account through the My Level 3SM portal – comprehensive secure 24 x 7 self-service portal access for service, billing, order and trouble ticket management, standard PoP to PoP reporting to validate SLA metrics including: packet delivery, latency and jitter.
- Available Application Performance Management option so you can have visibility to how your applications are performing and end-to-end network SLA’s enhanced reporting through the MyLevel3SM customer portal.
- Available Managed Network and Security Services enhance IT staff skills and help improve overall cost of ownership.
Have questions? Need more details?
Tell us your needs and get fast answers.