Managed Ethernet Access
Ethernet is quickly becoming the choice technology for wide area networks (WAN), but there are still locations or situations where legacy TDM/SONET may be the preferred access technology. To accommodate these circumstances, a managed Ethernet access solution may help you meet you architectural requirements — while preparing you for a future native Ethernet migration.
The Level 3® Managed Ethernet Access service connects native Ethernet directly to your premises, wherever TDM/SONET private and leased lines are available. This service can provide secure, dedicated Ethernet access to data and IP services. And it offers an efficient approach to service convergence. Our Managed Ethernet Access service is supported with 24 x 7 monitoring and management. It’s also backed by an end-to-end 99.99 percent performance SLA to give you a strong sense of security.
Managed Ethernet Access Service Benefits
- Improve Service Consistency: Efficiently connect locations with TDM/SONET access to your Ethernet-based WAN.
- Expand to New Markets: Our Managed Ethernet service supports all LAN protocols, even in markets not served by an Ethernet local access provider.
- Access an All-Inclusive Solution: Utilize our complete turnkey support, including engineering, furnishing and installation services as well as end-to-end service configuration, test and turn-up.
- Get Peace of Mind with 24 x 7 Monitoring: We help manage your solution 24 x 7, including fault and performance monitoring, incident validation, trouble ticketing and resolution.
- Connect to an MPLS Network: Our inherently secure standards-based MPLS network is the right core for your WAN.
Managed Ethernet Access Service Details
- Provides Ethernet handoffs for TDM/SONET loops to support DIA, MPLS/IP VPN and Ethernet VPN services
- Accommodates end-to-end monitoring and management for a turnkey network solution utilizing a managed access device installed at the customer’s premises (CPE)
- Connects to the customer’s local area network at speeds of 10/100BASE-TX (electrical FE) or 1000BASE-X (optical GbE), and supports bandwidth options to match application needs
Have questions? Need more details?
Tell us your needs and get fast answers.