When developing your WAN, Ethernet is a smart choice. It has proven LAN success and cost-effective equipment. But you need the right Ethernet service to securely connect you, your customers and suppliers around the corner or across the globe. And if you want to enable growth and improve efficiency, choosing a provider with global reach and simplified solutions is critical.
Level 3 Communications offers switched Ethernet connectivity in 29 countries with continued expansion of our capabilities and reach. Access switched, dedicated, metro, long-haul, point-to-point, or multipoint-to-multipoint options delivered over a Tier 1 network for improved reliability. Experience the national reach of a large IXC combined with the metro depth of a local service provider. You can combine our switched Ethernet offering with our MPLS/IP VPN for greater efficiencies, or choose to utilize a dedicated Level 3® Ethernet Private Line solution.
Ethernet Solutions – How You Benefit
- Choose from various switched or dedicated Ethernet service options
- Access a wide range of speeds with extensive bandwidth configurations
- Combine Layer 2 EVPL and VPLS features with Layer 3 MPLS/IP VPN to provide:
- End-to-end control and security of WAN routing and protocol decisions
- Flexible usage-based billing with bandwidth on demand
- Class of Service (CoS) and traffic prioritization to enhance bandwidth efficiency and utilization
- Leverage legacy Ethernet WAN services for dedicated transport
- Utilize an extended Ethernet reach from a single provider for metro and global requirements
Ethernet Solutions – How It Works
- Switched Ethernet transport delivered via a dedicated MPLS core
- Point-to-point or multipoint -to-multipoint connectivity for a secure, flexible, reliable network
- Flexible bandwidth (Committed Data Rate) ranging from 1 Mbps to 2 Gbps
- Smart Demarcation, a standard inline Ethernet network interface device at all customer locations
- End-to-end connectivity fault management and remote testing
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 MPLS/IP VPN interworking that provides high-speed Ethernet services for large locations
- MPLS/IP VPN services that interconnect smaller sites requiring low-speed access such as T-1/E-1 or DSL
- WAN protocol support via Layer 2 service for any Layer 3 WAN protocol, such as IPv6, IPX, SNA and DEC net
- E-NNI/hub port for wholesale providers that aggregate Ethernet services over a single interface
- Dedicated Ethernet transport delivered via a highly reliable SONET platform
- Speeds (availability varies by region): E-1, E-3, T-1, DS-1, DS-3, OC-3, OC-12, OC-48, STM-1, STM-4, STM-16
- Multiple configurations, including point-to-point and hub and end links
- Private Dedicated Rings (PDRs)
- Diversity, latency and custom routing options
To learn more, click here.
Have questions? Need more details?
Tell us your needs and get fast answers.